Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What I think about School Projects

School Projects have always been attention grabbing for moms like me. I don't know why teachers keep asking for projects that are not "do-able" by kids. Most of the time, it's the mom who does it... the research, buying the materials, planning & executing. The only thing the kid does is...... submit the project in school. I'm not saying that teachers should not give out project assignments, its just that, i think they should find projects that are suitable and that the kids can do. I don't know how this can help them if the mom does all the work. But for me, what i do is, i let my son do his share in making it. I just give him ideas and instructions on how to go about it. So, be it hard as it is, he has to do his share or else!
So for you moms there, let them help, don't do the whole thing by yourself. Anyways, they are the ones who get the grade not you.

2 comments:

  1. true enough. over here, they do the projects in school, with teacher supervision, so i don't have the mommy blues - yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, got to admit they do not give projects here that kids themselves can't do.

    but i know where your coming from. that's the same concern my parents has when i was in grade school...ha!ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete