Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How to make a Holloween Costume







I was looking at old pictures and it reminded me of a few occasions.
I can still remember last year's Holloween. I had been thinking what costume to make for my son. You see, he always joins costume contests during this time. He had been super heroes and zombies in the past, just had variations to make each year different.
Well, last year, it was indeed different. I made him wear a casket! Would you believe?! and luckily, he won 3x! one in school, another in a mall, and at a Nickelodeon Holloween Show.
So, how did we do it?
It started with my wild imagination.... hahaha. I bought large carton boxes and hired someone to paint and cut it into a casket shape. I had them put a hole so that we can see his face and he wore it through a large opening at the bottom. His hands were able to hold his pumpkin pail because of the holes on the sides. I dressed him up with a "Bangkay" attire (here in the Philippines, it was how old folks dressed their dead). I even had a white cloth tied to hold his face and cotton inside his nostrils to make it authentic. We used fake blood some bandages and we even had plastic spiders, fake spider web and centipedes.
People freaked! We walked around the mall for Trick or Treat and my son became an instant celebrity! Everyone couldn't get enough pictures of him and they even posed to have their pictures taken with the walking corpse!
When i thought of that, I immediately thought of another costume for my friend's daughter, we searched through youtube and came up with the head on a plate idea. How we made it? I'll put that in another blog.....
I'll post some pictures and videos next time when it's nearing the Holloween season so that you can have a good picture of it.
Hmmm, what will i think of next?!







1 comment:

  1. hahahaha - right! only someone with a wild imagination can do that! galing ng partnership niyo ng inaanak ko! congrats!

    ReplyDelete