Friday, November 26, 2010

Recipe: Chocolate Crinkles



I have been a chocolate crinkles fan for the longest time. Before, it was only me, now that i have a son (who is already 9 yrs. old by the way), the two of us love it.


The Chocolate Crinkles at a local baker near my old university,  "Becky's" and they make, my favorite chocolate crinkles.  Moist, chewy.... to die for! I soooooo love it!  I love their cakes too.
And then there is another local baker at a sidestreet bakery where my mom buys crinkles for my son, they also make it good, a close second to "Becky's", so my kid loves it too.


Today I'll feature a crinkles recipe I found on my friends fb page.  I don't know if it'll equal what my favorite bakers make but for those of you who are looking for a recipe, here's something to get you started.



                                      CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup baking powder, sifted
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 fresh egg, unrefrigerated


PROCEDURE:

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt in a mixing bowl. 
Stir and mix all ingredients well. 
In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat without burning butter.
Then add cocoa powder gradually as you whisk then add the egg.
Add vanilla extract.
Add the flour mix into cocoa mix and combine well all the ingredients.
Fold in the choco chips into the mixture.
Roll dough and shape into semi-flat cookies.
Roll in powdered sugar.
Oil baking sheets and line with parchment paper.
Arrange crinkles on top of the baking sheets.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Allow to cool before serving.

Acknowledgment:  Taken from my friend Chelo Galangs' FB page.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Im gonna buy you a box of crinkles from Becky's on xmas... :)

    ReplyDelete